Engage with your customers and attendees every step of the way
Automatically schedule attendee emails based on custom triggers for an event or booking using our powerful Mailchimp and WooCommerce Follow-ups integrations. You can also send automated emails when tickets are purchased or checked in.
What types of automated attendee emails can I schedule using these integrations?
- Send welcome packs and confirm registration details
- Send automated reminders before the day of an event
- Send a COVID-19 pre-screening survey to attendees
- Send reminders to bring something to an event or booking
- Communicate important changes such as a venue change
- Announce that your event has been canceled or postponed
- Setup automated drip emails to build excitement for an event
- Send greetings and welcome messages
- Provide attendees with additional information and resources that can be used at an event
- Offer real-time notifications of activities taking place
- Send automated thank-you emails to everyone who attended an event with links to the event’s presentations, notes or recordings
- Send a certificate of attendance/completion after a person completes a race or course
- Create and send a satisfaction survey using the built-in tools in Mailchimp or connect your account to another platform such as SurveyMonkey
- Request a review of your event or business
- Create automations to touch base with attendees or customers at specific time intervals e.g. after attendees have completed a specific course or workshop
- Send out special offers or cross-promote your other events
- Export or synchronize attendee information with a different marketing or CRM platform
Please note that automated scheduled triggers such as the event date, booking date and check-in time, are only included in the WooCommerce Follow-ups integration. Please read below for a more detailed overview of how each integration works.
How does the Follow-ups integration work?
FooEvents adds additional custom triggers to the WooCommerce Follow-ups plugin making it possible to send automated follow-up emails to attendees using the purchase time, event date, booking date and check-in time as triggers.
Do I need to install any additional plugins to use the WooCommerce Follow-ups integration?
The integration is included in the main FooEvents for WooCommerce plugin, however, you will also need to purchase the WooCommerce Follow-ups plugin which is sold separately on the WooCommerce Marketplace in order to take advantage of this functionality.
Why should I use WooCommerce Follow-ups?
WooCommerce Follow-ups is sold as a 12-month license and is excellent value for money. The integration between WooCommerce and Follow-ups is also advanced and, as a result, there are many additional FooEvents trigger and filter options that are not included in the Mailchimp integration. We highly recommend WooCommerce Follow-ups if your requirements are geared more towards sending transactional alerts and reminders (one-to-one) or if you have a limited budget.
How does the Mailchimp integration work?
Attendees can be automatically added to a Mailchimp audience list when tickets are generated. You can also specify default tags or event-specific tags that can be used to segment your Mailchimp list.
Do I need any additional plugins to use the Mailchimp integration?
Why should I use Mailchimp?
Mailchimp has become a household name and for good reason. It’s extremely powerful and packed with loads of features, however, this does come at a price especially if you have a medium to large database. We highly recommend Mailchimp if you regularly send emails to large lists and place a premium on email delivery and reporting or if your business already uses Mailchimp as many do. You may also opt to run WooCommerce Follow-ups and Mailchimp together depending on your requirements as they both have their own distinct strengths and weaknesses.